Thursday, February 16, 2006

Of a Cooking Husband

Since my wife has invited me as a contributor the her website, so I thought that of writing this short probably as intro, debut or my opening gambit to my other future postings. Please bear my posting should you find it bland or to constructive....in other words...BOOOORIIIIIINNG... as I am not a good writer as my other half does...

My posting would probably confine to sharing my experience as the person who does most of the cooking (except for baby food, that's my dear wife's department)....and I think it is somewhat a positive trend nowadays where husbands often do the cooking at home helping our beloved wife while they tend to other chores....unlike the time of our fathers or forefathers.

Well, sincerely, I love cooking for my family, and I do it very well too to gain credits from my fussy mom as well as my in-laws. The love started after having to spend 3 years abroad as a student, during time when I can no longer stand the mundane menu of instant noodle and fish and chips...so I resort to cook on my own with a very little kitchen knowledge......and the rest was history.

Oklah, will continue again soon...got to rush now...duty calls

5 comments:

yatipruzz said...

bestnye k.tie ade husband yg suke masak...rerajin la post resepi best2 eh!

i so loves this blog veri veri much :))

ummi said...

i am blessed, i must say *kembang*.

he has flaws too (which i dont intend to elaborate here). but overall, i am so okay with him and he is so okay with me as long as we know the border - he cooks and i do laundry. 2 departments in which he and i do better from one another, respectively. conclusion:
i dont really know how to cook and
he doesnt really know abt managing laundry

atok said...

beh beh.. hehehe...

yatipruzz said...

hehe akak...no one is good at everything he or she does...he/she may be an expert on one thing but not to others...we live in this real world of which if everyone is an expert, those opening the laudry shops and high class restaurants might face the dead end..:p

- rerajin update tau!-

ummi said...

atok - kala lagu tu (beh) marilah sokmo

yati - mmg camgitu. kalau dua2 pandai basuh kain jek, sape nak masak kan.