my SIL, che de (one of mdh's 5 elder sisters) prepared milidi on fish soup the other day. memang yummy. Iman pun makan semangkuk. it looked like lidi, hence the name (or so i thought at the time). baru-baru ni che de went back to tgg so ummi mintak tolong dia belikan milidi. boring-boring makan mi kuning and bihun, boleh tukar angin makan milidi pulak kan.
she came back last friday, along with the things i ordered. here how it looks like..
sebenarnya namanya mmg milidi. bukan setakat nama manja. now i know..
saturday morning, sebungkus dah selamat dibuat milidi sup. simple recipe.
- sebungkus milidi (celur dalam air mendidih for about 4-5 minutes. then rinse under cool running water)
- garlic (mince finely)
- ginger (mince finely)
- fishball (hiris or wedge)
- spring onion
- sesame oil
- chicken stock (remember my entry abt chicken stock? see.. not onyl your baby can benefit from it..)
- 1 egg (mix with a bit of water)
- heat oil (use olive oil for healthier meal) in a pot
- fry garlic and ginger. bagi hangus skit, baru sedap. tapi janganlah sampai hitam yek.
- add fishball
- add chicken stock and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes
- add sawi
- add salt to taste. can also add pepper powder. add a bit of sesame oil. stir
- add egg-water mixture. stir continuously until egg is cooked
- add tomato and tutup api
- just before serving, add milidi
- garnish with spring onion
tips: 1. to thicken, a conflour-water mix can be added to soup. stir continuously until thicken.
teaser: my next recipe - SEXY CHICKEN WINGS (tunggguuuu!!!!)