of pancake and my analogy of life. easy to make and pleasant to indulge. as long as you got the right ingredients. the toppings can be irritatingly sweet, seriously salty or even spicy. tho better eaten hot, straight from the pan, it can also be frozen. when the time comes, steam it and indulge. the best part is, it can even be eaten on its own..
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Murtabak Daging & Kari Ayam Sempoi
We had these for today's breakfast. Easy yet tasty. The murtabak filling, specially prepared by mdh the night before. We didn't prepare the skin tho, we used the instant one instead. I don't know about KL but in mdh's hometown, it can be easily purchased. We intend to do it ourselves in future. So, if you know how, please share it with us.
I prepared the Kari Sempoi, to be eaten with Murtabak. I used chicken fillet and instant coconut milk aje.
So, here goes the recipe
1. Murtabak skin
2. Beef - minced finely
3. A bulb of onion - diced
4. Coriander leave - minced
5. Kurma powder
6. Salt, sugar & pepper to taste
7. A bit of water
8. Garlic - minced
- Mix beef with kurma powder, set aside
- Heat oil in a pan/wok
- Fry garlic until fragrant
- Add beef and fry for a while
- Add water and let the beef to soften
- Add diced-onion and coriance leave - mix well
- Add salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Leave to cook
- Set aside to cool a bit.
- Break egg into the mixture, mix well
- Set in the skin and fold to cover
- Fry with just a little oil until fully cook
:: KARI AYAM SEMPOI
1. Chicken fillet - diced
2. Bawang kisar
3. Chilli boh
(Mix 1,2 and 3. Set aside)
4. Rempah-4-sekawan (cinnamon stick, cardamom, star anise and clove)
5. Salt and nnesang to taste (Nnesang ->gula kelapa or known as nisan kerek)