of pancake and my analogy of life. easy to make and pleasant to indulge. as long as you got the right ingredients. the toppings can be irritatingly sweet, seriously salty or even spicy. tho better eaten hot, straight from the pan, it can also be frozen. when the time comes, steam it and indulge. the best part is, it can even be eaten on its own..
Sunday, August 16, 2009
We had this for lunch as one of the lauk-pauk's. It has a looooonnnngggggg history in our household. I had an entry on this on 31st January 2007. So, it has been like more than 2 years already. And yet it never fails to please our tastebud (sebenarnya makcik puji-pujian masakan sendiri ahaks!).
Kalau dalam entry waaaayyyyy back in 2007 tu I used the fish paste bought from Pasar Sungei Besi, this one uses homemade fish paste. Sebenarnya malas nak tunggu pakcik tu mengikis, menumbuk, dan bermacam-macam prosedur lagi. See, the humble fish paste sebenarnya melalui bermacam-macam proses. So, we bought seekor tenggiri papan (yes people...seekor). It cost us RM22.00. Asked the pakcik to separate the sides into 2 fillets and separating the tulang tengah from the meat. I took the bone as well as the kepala. In fact yang kena buang was the taik only lah. So back home I used the not-so-sharp small knife and kikis the isi away from the kulit. Blend it in food mixer with some salt-n-pepper as well as a little corn flour. Sangat sikit okay. Don't over do it, nanti the ball rasa macam getah, keras dan kenyal. Manakala tulang dan kepalanya, rebus dengan bawang putih dan halia secukup rasa. This is for the kuah.
Now, recipe. Easy peasy sangat tau.
1. Fish stock (as I related panjang lebar kat atas nun)
2. Fish balls - use the fish paste as mentioned above, golekkan menjadi bebola kecil
3. Carrot - cut into small wedges
4. Potato - cut into small cubes
5. Ginger - slice thinly
6. Garlic - slice thinly
7. Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pot
- Sautee ginger and garlic until fragrant
- Add carrot and potato, fry for a while
- Add fish stock and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add fish balls, lower down the heat.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes
- Ready to serve!
1. Gambar di atas adalah lunch pada hari ini. Yang ini saya tambah suun. Yang ni saya tak campur carrot or potato. Nampak pucat je kan.
2. Gambar di entry 31 January 2007 pulak, dinner pada 31 January. Yang ini pula saya makan dengan mee. Ada carrot dan potato. Berseri sikit rupanya.